Style statement just got refined whe
n designers started bringing Kaftan styled kurtas and dresses on the runway!
So lets begin with the history of Kaftans or (Caftans)..
What is a Kaftan? A Kaftan is an ankle-length or a mid length dress front-buttoned cloak or overdress first worn by the Persians in the 600 B.C’s and is usually made of light fabric such as cotton, silk or cashmere.
The Kaftan trend have re-emerged throughout the fashion history again and again. It might just sink in and disappear for a while but when its back it just gets better!
The trend setting era: The timeless, ethereal and floaty nature of the Kaftans suits all body shapes and sizes. Its one of their best features. Those who thought Kaftans were only for beachwear , rethink again! Also for those who are little over weight and self conscious, Kaftans are the best options to hide those extra pounds. ;)
Ethnic edge to the Kaftans: It can also be worn as a Churidaar Kameez top . YES ! :D But just make the hemline reaches below the knees or till it touches your ankles. That’s it! Team it up with a pair of comfy chudi pants. And without much effort the spotlight turns on you.
There’s no doubt that kaftans give the wearer both a sensual and elegant appeal.
7 ways to style a Kaftan and how to each time wear it differently:
1. Beach wear : Kaftans are a perfect way to cover up after a swim at a beach !
2. Palazzo Pants : Style an elegant Kaftan with a pair of Palazzo pants and in a jiffy you are ready to rock the world. Wear it to a tea party, social event, or even hell shopping !
Monochrome trend: A white chic kaftan over striped pants, you’ll end up looking like a diva!
3. Ethnic touch: Its so nice to see people actually experimenting even in the ethnic field and making it way into the experimental looks is the beautiful chudiar paired with a kaftan long kurts ! Is it pretty or is it pretty ? ;)
4. Maxi length : Comfortable and stylish maxis are replacing boring figure hugging maxis ! Way to go !
5. Sophisticated gown dress - (One shouldered) : This ones our favorite! A gown and a dress that too a kaftan? Wow and how! Simply stunning. One can wear them and feel comfortable and look fashionably forward at the same time!
6. Dhoti Pants: The dhoti pants are never out of fashion , so why not pair it with a kaftan top and dazzle the world?
7. Skirty edge: Pair a Kaftan with a set of hot pencil skirt , and nothing ever could go wrong? Agree?
Which one of the style's have you already worn? And which among these are your favorites?
(Ps: You can buy all the designer Kaftans and Bottom wear at Pernia’s Pop-up shop!) Happy shopping!)
Until next time