With India ranking second among the most populated you can understand when every other day is a wedding day here ! Indians be like ‘kal uski shadi, pasrso uski mama ki beti ki shadi , narso uske chacha ke aunty ke cosuin ki shadi hai ! ‘ Phew !!! Am I complaining ? Hell no ! Free food and well dressed
There is no doubt the most important part of getting dressed for attending a wedding is a dress but lets talk about all the other things which follow after the dress! It could be that cute little clutch or that glossy handbag that holds all our makeup and cell phones , or it could be the right lipstick or even the right accessories .
Make sure you understand the do’s and don’ts while dressing up for a wedding. It’s very important to choose the perfect purse and accessories which requires some thought beforehand so you don’t find yourself wishing you had made a different choice. Here I am listing the top eight must have’s for every woman to own to look her best at every wedding she is attending !
1. Clutch or a Potli :
Blingy clutches go hand in hand with an elegant and simple non blingy dress ! You are not the bride so remember not to wear an over the top dress and stop yourself from being a disaster like Divya Khosla !Clutches in bold black, studded clutches or clutches that are eye catchy make or break a look . Hence its very important you choose the right clutch while going out for a wedding!
The potli is in the trend now, the best thing about them is you don’t have to clutch them but let fall gracefully from your wrist ! I think Sonam Kapoor and Diya Mirza are two Bollywood beauties who other than Rekha Ma’am carry the Potli trend with ease !
2. Makeup - Go The Red way ! : By going the red way I don’t mean you to paint yourself into red from head to toe. But red is one color that will set you apart and give you the wedding wali feeling . Its okay to go nude when you are into too much bling but for those who keep it subtle a red lipstick or maybe red colored nails will add the required punch to your look altogether! You can also get a red bindi with the help of your red color sindoor liquid applier or ! My favorite red makeup outing is my NYX Amsterdam Lip cream !
3. Rings : Accessories add a unique touch to your whole outfit but even one too many can be over-the-top with an already-embellished heavy lehengas or Banaras sarees ! Hence a huge ring or four finger ring or a two finger ring will complete your look and grab a lot of eye balls !
4. Jhumkis : An Indian outfit is incomplete without a pair of earrings! If you are opting for a gown which is blingy then I suggest that be your only time to skip earrings or don’t skip even then , wear an ear cuff! Now that the guests at an Indian wedding are mostly seen in designer lehengas and heavy worked or sweet anarkali’s a pair of jhumkis add the needed beauty touch to your whole look! Invest in a good pair of gold Jhumkas or just get yourself some awesome pieces of jhumkas from artificial jewelry range!
5. Bangles or Bracelets : I always go wow when I see Deepika Padkone or Sonam wearing bangles with their sarees and ethnic wear ! Bangles beautify your hands but just remember not to over do it. Glass bangles, or simple gold kadas or a simple bracelet will work your look !
6. Shoes or Juttis: The right pair of shoes will complete your whole look . Just remember not to go hard on your feet by wearing uncomfortable heels or sky high wedges because a wedding means a lot of walking and standing! Also remember not to always match your footwear with your dress , you don't want to look too matchy-matchy. If you want to take the traditional route or the comfy route then you can simply opt for a pair of juttis ! :D
7. Mang Tika Or Nethi Chutti : Whoever said mang tikkas were only for the bride? gone are the days were only the bride was spotted adorning a mang tikka, thanks to our bollywood beauties who have got back in the trend! From Big pendant mang tikkas , to kundan and polki to pearly ones to single strand attached mang tikkas we have a plethora of choices ! Don’t shy away from trying them out , it’s the one thing that will set you apart from the others!
8. Flowers : Indian weddings are so much better than western wedding. The drama, the dresses, the music, the laughter and Yes the flowers ! no I am not talking about all the flower attractions in a wedding hall but the use of flowers by bride’s and all the guests attending the wedding. In south India I witnessed almost all women in their 40’s with mogra flowers around their buns . draped in a Banaras saree along with flowers adorned on their heads they make an elegant picture! As for those who want to try something new with the flowers you can wear them spun around your fishtail braids or even as a hand harness! Roses and lilies also can be used instead of mogra flowers.