When you want to do the saree sexy and sensous way, sheer sarees are your best bet. But the sheer net sarees are a tricky game and can come across looking awfully tacky if not styled the right way.
Recently the south stylista Samantha wore a sheer white Payal Singhal saree in the most elegant and classy way to the audio launch of Bramotsavam, giving us some very important lessons on how to style a net saree the right way. Balancing your look is the real trick in getting the sheer saree look right, here samanthas look is balanced out with the full sleeves blouse.
How to style the net saree the fashion forward & elegant way:
- The full sleeve blouses are hot in trend, pair them with your net sarees to balance out the sheer factor.
- If full sleeves isnt for you go for 3/4 sleeves but dont go sleeveless as it is sure shot way to turn yourself into a tact fest.
- The neckline is another important factor to consider when wearing a net saree. A deep bold neckline is a big NO especially if you are attenting a religious or traditional event
- The blouse has to fit you perfectly. if you have lost weight and blouse needs alteration then get it done from a tailor in advance. Having fit issues with a net saree is the biggest fashion fad.
- In experimental mood? Leave the blouse aside and experiment with accesories or prints in your petticoat. Go for animal prints, pastel florals or even matallic shimmer petticoats
- The petticoat will get a lot of attention when you wear a net saree so choose your petticoat fabric carefully. Satin, silk or shimmer petticoat of good quality goes best with sheer sarees
- Getting the pleats of a net saree right is very difficult, be patient and work every pleat carefully, get expert help if necessary especially if it is a bi night or an important event. Also use pins to keep pleats intact all through the night
- Accessories are important but if your saree has sequins and shimmer in it already then avoid going overboard and stick to earrings and some bangles. Silver oxidized jewellery is super in these days , try it with your sheer sarees
- With footwear opt for comfort, saree is already too much to manage for clumsy women like me If you do want height then go in for wedges. Pencil heels arent worth the pain becuase not much of your footwear will anyway peekout from under the saree.
- Sheer saree is a dressy outfit pair it with a classy clutch or even a traditional potli. Leave your huge hand bags home
- Dewy soft make up is the best way to go with your net saree . This will help your saree grab the limelight. you can do a bold lip or winged liner but dont do both together
- Open hair works best with net saree. You can do side swept or middle parted but avoid doing hair buns which can ruin the glam and breezy look of a net saree. if you do want to keep your hair tied then go for a soft low bun .
Follow these simple tips and your sheer saree look should fetch you complements in abundance.